Here’s a look at some things I’ve pinned, sites and articles that caught my eye, and a few of our purchases this week.
- Since we’re hosting Thanksgiving Dinner for the first time ever, I’m trying to keep things pretty simple. And these autumnal centerpieces seem to fit the bill as our table decor!
Image Source: Celebrations
- We are in the market for a new light fixture for our living room. This is the one we plan to buy:
Kichler light. Source: Amazon
- We’re also shopping for a new outdoor light fixture. What do you think of this one?
Kichler Tremillo Outdoor Wall Lantern. Source: Amazon
- I’m trying to firm up our Thanksgiving Day menu and Ken ask his family what types of desserts they like. Ken’s mom mentioned that she loved a store bought pie called Pumpkin Custard pie, but she said it’s been discontinued. A quick googling revealed that it should be a pretty easy pie to make from scratch!
- Last month, we purchased two Craftsman tool cabinets from Sears (This one and this one). Since then, we’ve been looking for various widgets and gizmos to help us organize the tool cabinet drawers better.
We purchased this hex bit organizer:
Torin Hex Bit Organizer. Source: Amazon
This Tekton Wrench Holder. Source: Amazon
And a drill bit stand: Source: Amazon
Hopefully we’ll have some time this weekend to tinker with the new tool cabinets!
- I also purchased some fun new cookbooks, including The Chinese Takeout Cookbook, How to Cook Everything The Basics, and Not Your Mother’s Make-Ahead and Freeze Cookbook. There’s just something about new cookbooks that I love!
- Finally, I’ve been strategizing for how to improve our chances for some nice perks during our hotel stays in Moscow and St. Petersburg Russia. In particular, I’ve been researching more about the Hyatt Diamond Status Match, and how that would benefit us during our stay at the Park Hyatt Moscow. I’ll be posting more about that in the upcoming weeks!