- Sorry I’ve been M.I.A. again. I’ve just kinda lost my blogging mojo. But with so many trips (hello camping and Alaska and still needing to finish my Vegas and Florida Keys trip reports!) and home improvement projects to update you all on, I’m going to try to get back into a routine.
- Last weekend, we watched Interstellar at home. Ken had seen it in the theaters and described it as “epic,” but I was skeptical. However, I have to agree now! I really didn’t understand what the heck was going on the first 30 minutes or so, but the pieces started to come together as the movie progressed. Really good, and highly recommend!
- I mentioned in a previous Friday Randomness post that I was considering going to Mardi Gras in 2016. Well, a hotel has been booked (on points, of course!), and this week I booked flights to New Orleans on Southwest (on points as well) since their flight schedules opened up through March this past week. So, I guess we’re going! Even though it’s 7 months away, I’m excited! I’ll owe you all a post on going to Mardi Gras on points and miles. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of points options for hotels that were available.
- If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know that Ken and I went on an Alaska cruise in mid-June! One of our excursions included a seaplane tour in Ketchikan, Alaska, of the Misty Fjords Monument. Despite some nervousness beforehand (neither of us had been on such a small plane before), Ken and I both really enjoyed it. So, we were so sad just two weeks later when we heard about a similar seaplane that had crashed, touring the same area. So tragic. We wonder if that crash had happened before our trip if we would’ve changed our minds about going on the seaplane tour.
- We finally finished watching True Blood after starting it more than three years ago! There was a certain element at the very end that left me sad and disappointed, but I see now why it had to happen.
- I really need to organize some of my Pinterest boards. Like dividing up my huge “Food and Recipes” board into separate desserts / appetizers / main dish / freezer cooking / etc. boards. Right now it’s just impossible to browse. I just need to find the time! It just seems like a low priority that I never get around to it.
Have a good weekend and a safe and enjoyable 4th of July!